Wilton offers the perfect blend of colonial charm and modern amenities. Wilton is a premier residential community with homes ranging from colonial estates to modern-day properties with scenic views. People come to Wilton for its wooded rolling hills and scenic farmhouses. It offers a calming respite from the hustle and bustle of the big city, which is a 50-mile commute by car or train. Not only is the town full of natural beauty and historical significance, but its award winning schools continue to draw new families with a curriculum set apart by its focus on the arts and a first-class sports program. The district also offers cultural programs and a language laboratory, which encourages the study of foreign languages.
Wilton’s strong sense of community is evidenced by the large number of active clubs, civic organizations and exciting cultural and recreational opportunities. Here’s a sampling of the many organizations that offer services and activities for the residents: the Wilton Family YMCA, Newcomers Club, League of Women Voters, youth coalition and a senior meal deliver service. The town is also rich in culture, and the works of the historical society, library association, arts council, Audubon society and the Wilton Play Shop benefit its townspeople. Residents also enjoy leisure and sporting activities at exceptional town facilities.
Wilton is ideally located for residents who need to commute to the metro for work, and it is perfect for those who are looking for properties with one to two acres of land. It’s a friendly, active community proud of its heritage. Wilton’s town goals are to create a “better environment in which to live, work, plan, learn, enjoy and raise a family – blending the heritage of the past with the promise of the future.
Travel Times to NYC: One hour, 45 minutes
Square Miles: 27.4
- Cannondale is one of the more affluent sections of town and features many old homes on large, wooded lots.
- Georgetown – Part of this neighborhood extends a bit into the northeastern corner of town, but is primarily in Redding and partly in Weston.
- Gilbert Corners
- North Wilton
- Silvermine – Part of this neighborhood is in the southwest corner of town and extends into New Canaan and Norwalk.
- South Wilton – A desired part of town due to its close proximity to New York City.
- Wilton Center is a historic district in the town center area.
Cannondale Village offers a unique shopping experience with its shops housed in historic buildings, including antique, home furnishing, floral, fashion and gift shops. Wilton’s downtown area offers locals anything from quaint shops to food shopping, restaurants, pizza, Starbuck’s and movie theaters.
- Brunswick School
- Convent of the Sacred Heart
- Greenwich Academy
- Greenwich Catholic School
- The Greenwich Country Day School
- The Mead School
- The Stanwich School
- Whitby School
- Winston Preparatory School (Norwalk)
This independent report ranks Wilton schools among the highest in the state.